Friday, December 12, 2014

Bruschetta Chicken Pasta


I am IN LOVE with pasta. IT is easily one of my biggest downfalls to eating healthy, but every once in a while, we just gotta do it, right? Here's how I made this yummy dish cleaner! I had two servings of pasta under my chicken because I hadn't had any carbs yet today and thought I had the extra room, but boy did I fill up QUICKLY!

BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN PASTA
1 package chicken breast, thawed
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 8oz can tomato sauce
About an oz of basil/italian seasoning
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Whole grain pasta noodles of choice (I like angel hair)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Mix diced tomatoes, seasoning, and cheese together in bowl (not pictured)
2. Flaten chicken breasts into 1/2 inch thick and then top with mixture from step one. Picture #1
3. Place tomato sauce and garlic in bottom of large skillet. Picture #2
4. Add chicken with topping to pan and bring the sauces to a boil. Picture #3
5. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Picture #4
6. Cook whole grain pasta noodles to preference.
7. Place about a half cup of drained noodles on plate or in a bowl.
8. Place chicken and toppings on top of noodles. Drizzle some extra sauce around the pasta for added moisture and flavor. Then INDULGE and ENJOY! Picture #5

21 Day Fix Containers:
About 1/2-1 green depending on sauce/tomato on your serving
1 1/2 red
1/2 blue (1 blue is you like a lot of cheese and added extra)
1 yellow (Mine above is 2 yellow)
Seasonings and garlic are FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment