Sunday, August 14, 2016

Back to My Roots - Where it all Began

Just over two years ago, I was inspired on a journey to get healthier. In actuality, I really just wanted to look better by losing some weight (I discovered the importance of health and my own internal transformation shortly after beginning).

I didn't have the confidence in my ability to actually succeed, especially in a 60 day program, so I chose the 3 week program. I told myself, "if I can make it through 3 weeks, then I know I can keep going."

Sure enough, that 21 day program with simple portion control, a nutritious shake every day, and 30 minutes of exercise was just what I needed. It was simplified so that this girl could get some pretty great results. In fact, I lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks with a total of 20 pounds or so over the first 3 months.


Since following the 21 Day Fix for months, I've followed many other programs like Masters: Hammer and Chisel, 22 Minute Hard Corps, and the Challenge Du Jour from Beachbody on Demand.

And now I'm bringing it back while I wait for 3 Week Yoga Retreat!

As I prepare, I'm definitely going back to basics and PLANNING my way through my nutrition. While I may not end up having every single thing on here, this gives me a great guide to follow and prepares myself mentally for what the week has to offer.





When I meal plan, I make it as simple as possible.

I start with Breakfast and work my way down. I make sure to plug my Shakeology in for one of the snack and pick my fixings as I figure out what I have left after I finish my meals.



So here is my order for what I plan out for the most part:

1. Breakfast
2. Shakeology
3. Lunch
4. Dinner
5. Shakeology add ins
6. Afternoon snack



Once I figure out the first full day, I generally use my dinner for the next days lunch. It simplifies EVERYTHING for me!!!

Enjoy the tips and the meal plan and feel free to use anything you'd like. I'm always open for questions as well!!

❤️❤️Kristi


No comments:

Post a Comment