Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tomato/Cucumber Salad - Cottage Cheese Version


I truly love pretty much everything that includes tomatoes and cucumbers from tossing them with fresh mozzarella to having them in a garden salad. I did not get this idea on my own, but from a couple friends who enjoy this snack very regularly. Personally, cottage cheese and I have a pretty new relationship. I rarely eat it, but like to when I want a switch in things. Needless to say, this snack MORE than passed my expectations. Even more so, I pre-prepped 2 more snacks for the next couple days!

Here is the recipe (I will give you my measurements , but you can do whatever ration you want! The beauty of tossed salad type snacks ;) ):
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup diced cucumbers
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 avocado
1 tsp aged balsamic (this is where I get mine, not sure if there is anything similar elsewhere http://lovethatolive.com)

Mix it all up and ENJOY! <3

For my Fixers: just portion out your red container with cottage cheese, fill your green container with a mixture of diced tomatoes and diced cucumbers, use 1/4 of an avocado diced and just measure out a tsp of the balsamic olive oil! 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 tsp in total! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment